Andrew Alsop with Andy Griffith with his grand slam IGFA award
Big Sea Fish List – ALL Catch & Release
1. Porbeagle Shark 235lb measured (plus estimated over 500lb)
2. Blue Shark 167lb measured
3. Shortfin Mako 194lb measured
Skate 196lb measured
5. Bluefin Tuna estimated 300lb GB & 450lb British Isles
6. Thresher Shark estimated at 200lb (3 in a day & 5 in total across 3 days) smaller Threshers estimated at 160lb, 150lb, 40lb and 30lb.
7. SixGill Shark estimated 600, 1150 & 1400lb (2 Granders in a day)
Records Achieved to date:
IGFA Shark Grand Slam, World Record – World First
6 Sea Species over 100lb’s in weight within Great Britain - First Angler
to achieve this
7 Sea Species over 100lb’s in weight within the British Isles – First Angler to achieve this
2 Grander Six Gill Sharks in a day within the British Isles – First Angler to achieve this
First Angler to catch
the BIG FOUR (Blue, Porbeagle, Shortfin Mako & Thresher)
No records exist within the SACGB (Shark Angling Club of Great Britain) or elsewhere of any angler achieving this - so another first!
No records exist of any angler catching 3 Thresher
Sharks in a day – so another first!